ONTARIO’S BLACK BEAR EXPERTS
***NEW SPRING BEAR HUNT***
Season: May 25 to June 15
Only a Few openings left for 2019 Spring-Fall
Active Black Bear Hunting
As a professional outfitter, we provide quality black bear hunts that Canada and the United States have to offer. Our guides produce active baits, consistent bear kills, even in those years where natural adversities exist – including those years when inexperienced hunters and guides from other outfitting establishments fail to produce.
Regarded as the expert of bear hunting, we work closely with our staff of fully-licensed master guides to set global standards that our competitors only dream of achieving. What is more, we spare no expense to continuously keep these standards at their peak.
We also take Trophy black bears on a consistent basis, year after year so even the most experienced Bear Hunter can pick and choose his trophy.
Additionally, we go out of our way to ensure that our hunters get the best shooting opportunities within a truly world-class Ontario black bear hunting outfitter. Our experience, effort, skills, knowledge, and advance preparation blend in well to make this possible. A great bear outfitter never cuts corners therefore, no matter how you choose to cut it, you can be sure that we will always provide you with the experience of a lifetime.
What to expect on your Ontario Bear Hunt
Great hunting and fishing. We will make your stay a memorable one. Gathering Lake is beautiful site filled with many hunting and fishing opportunities. Well of course a high success rate is normal here with very active baits. By the time you arrive at camp we have put in hundreds of hours to make sure your bear hunt is a success. During the hunting season, we will not get up early in the morning because we understand that black bears love their Zzzzzzs. Instead, hunts begin in the afternoon when bears are most active on bait sites. We offer over 300 active bait sites and recently acquired additional During the day you can enjoy the best fishing Ontario has to offer or just sit back and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
The camp is power by generators 24hrs a day along with a new walk in freezer
Most of your 300 sites have stands already but some are very remote and we recommend you bring your own stand which we are gladly help you put up.
We provide all the bait you need and will help track and retrieve your bear. You don’t have to do a thing other then show up on stand. We don’t make your customers do there own baiting.
When you hunt with us, you will get to wallow in one of the most beautiful natural surroundings in Canada. You will also be surrounded by a full explosion of foliage color (during the fall).
We also offer hunts in the most bear infested regions in Ontario. In the same way, lodging during the bear hunts comes with housekeeping style and all cabins have their own full kitchens. However, we highly recommend our chef’s tantalizing preparations and generous Canadian-style servings and equally delightful portions.
Black Bear Hunting OntarioBook yourself into one of our guided black bear hunts Canada and enjoy exceptional professionalism, invaluable knowledge, local hospitality and our commitment to your bear hunt. Feel free to call or email us today to make your booking.
Northern Ontario has a bear population nearing 150,000 and growing. Our camp is located in the midst of approximately two million acres of exclusive Bear Management area. We recently received a large new non-hunted area attached to our existing area. We are one of very few camps where our bear area is in one large block, not like some camps where you have to drive many miles to get to various area.
- Arrival at camp with a warm welcome
- Get you started with licenses and fees
- Meeting with the outfitter to help get you started on your dream trip
- Updates on the bear activity
- Sight in your weapon and go hunting
- Tour of your bait sites and stand placement if needed
- Track and removal of your game
- Skin and freeze your trophy for the trip home
- Instructions for boats, motors and other equipment
- Instructions for fishing outlying lakes
- Safety instructions and camp rules
- Check-in to fully equipped house-keeping cabins, all have showers and toilets, full size refrigerators, stoves with ovens, all dishes, pots and pans, etc.
- Get your Boat and Motor
- Get your first tank of gas (on us)
- All bedding and pillows are supplied, just bring a sleeping bag.
- Access to new modern fish cleaning building is in operation with hot and cold running water and is very comfortable to prepare your catch with plenty of freezer space.
- Live bait is available on site.
- Family pets are welcome
- A warm good bye upon your departure with hopes to see you again.
What to bring
- Bring a valid hunting license and outdoors card or old US license. This is required to issue you a non-resident hunting license. Purchase license at border
- Tree stand if required (Steps/Rope + Safety belt)
- Gun registration filled out (sign at the border)
- Tree stand if required (Steps/Rope + Safety belt)
- Clothes for both warm and cold weather
- Hunter orange hat and vest (camo orange is not acceptable in Ontario)
- Weapon of choice, gun, bow or crossbow and ammo (no handguns allowed)
- Soft guncase or bowcase (legal requirement)
- Scent Killer
- Tracking tape
- Bug repellent (Muskol is good)
- Rain Gear and boots
- Head net
- Compass and whistle
- Extra Footware/Gloves
- Flash lights (Batteries)
- Coolers & freezer bags for meat and fish
- Hunting knife/sharpener, small axe and pocket saw
- First Aid Kit
- Fishing rod and tackle, minnow bucket, net and good filet knife
- Life Jackets
- Scent soak, towels and sleeping bag
- Food & Drink
The secrete mix
We have a walk-in freezer that never holds less than 12,000 pounds of fresh moose and beef trimmings. We have 300 fifty-five gallon barrels of the sweetest fruit mixtures with syrup, mixed with oats and meat scraps. A 2000 pound bait mixer has been manufactured by us and is used on site. The mixture consist of corn, jam, fry oil, meat scraps, pastries, etc.. We also have 50 forty five gallon barrels of mixed candies, liquid syrup and honey. We did this by hand the last few years and it proved to be a great success. A good bear outfitter never cuts corners when it comes to bait if he wants to keep bears in the area.
Gathering Lake Outfitters
Call Now: 888-432-4442 or