Northern Pike Fishing Ontario
Are you in search of Northern Pike fishing Ontario opportunities? Then you have come to the right place. We are ideally situated close to the best places to fish for giant, trophy Northern Pike. When you stay with us, therefore, you can be sure that we will point out unique spots to catch Northern Pike and have great fun at it.
Northern Pike is a carnivorous type of fish native to Northern America. This variety loves brackish water and freshwater, plenty of which is available in our lodge’s surroundings. Juvenile Northern Pike feed on such small invertebrates as daphnia, which also abound in the nearby lakes. With time, they start feeding on asselluses and gammaruses.
There are many other wonderful tips you can fall back on the next time you wish to catchPike Fishing Ontario Northern Pike. However, the above are the best we know. We have tried and tested them over and over again to great success. In fact, we give our guests a quick run through to ensure they have higher chances in their Northern Pike fishing Ontario adventures.
Northern Pike typically inhabit large bodies of water, such as sluggish streams and lakes. They prefer clear cold water, and will hide around rocks and weed beds. They prefer these structures on account of the predatory nature.
As popular game fish, Northern Pike ought to be handled with great care. This is on account of their powerful jaws, sharp teeth and rather snappy character.
What to expect on your Northern Pike Fishing Trip
Great fishing and helpful outfitter. We will make your stay a memorable one. Gathering Lake is beautiful site filled with many fishing opportunities. We are assuming that you Pike Fishing Ontariovisited our page on account of the fact that we provide tips and tricks that you will find useful during your fishing expedition to Ontario.
We have been helping our guests catch Northern Pike for many years now. Therefore, you can rest assured that these tips are largely informed by our collective experience, and accentuated by both field and online research.
We recommend you fish with a guide for the first day or two so you can get a feel for how the bite works.
- Arrival at camp with a warm welcome
- Get you started with licenses and fees
- Tour of the area
- Meeting with the outfitter to help get you started on your dream trip
- Updates on where the fish are biting and what to use
- Instructions for boats, motors and other equipment
- Instructions for fishing outlying lakes
- Safety instructions and camp rules
- Check-in to fully equipped house-keeping cabins, all have showers and toilets, full size refrigerators, stoves with ovens, all dishes, pots and pans, etc.
- Get your Boat and Motor
- Get your first tank of gas (on us)
- All bedding and pillows are supplied, just bring a sleeping bag.
- Access to new modern fish cleaning building is in operation with hot and cold running water and is very comfortable to prepare your catch with plenty of freezer space.
- Live bait is available on site.
- Family pets are welcome
- A warm good bye upon your departure with hopes to see you again.
What to bring
- There is nothing to worry about. We are going to give you an update on the best things to bring before you leave but here are some of the lodges favorites to concider.
- Portable fishfinder will help but not a must
- We suggest spinning or casting rigs with 12-20# test fluorocarbon or mono and wire leader
- Spoons are always hot like the red devil or five of diamonds. Any great spoon will help do the job
- Surface baits like a bucktail or buzz bait is the ticket on days they are really biting.
- Sometimes for tough days you can use a sliding bobber live bait rig with chub, leech or night crawler
Gathering Lake Outfitters
Call Now: 888-432-4442 or