Fishing Ontario Whitefish
We have outstanding whitefish fishing at Gathering Lake Outfitters. Our clients enjoy Lake Whitefish out of the two species offered at our Ontario fishing lodges. Our experienced guides will show our clients how to have the opportunity to catch whitefish in the 5 to 10 pound range with trophy’s common. Whitefish have a small sucker-looking mouth about the diameter of your thumb. Anglers use lures small enough to fit in the whitefish’s small mouth. Whitefish fishing is 50 to 60 feet down in the deep water of of our lakes in June is the best time to catch these delicious fish.
Our Walleye Fishing
Great fishing. We will make your stay a memorable one. The guests at our Ontario fishing lodge will fly fish, jig or even troll for Whitefish or using live minnows. Spring is the hot time for Ontario Whitefish fishing and Gathering Lake is beautiful site filled with many fishing opportunities. We recommend you fish with a guide for the first day which can be arranged.
- Arrival at camp with a warm welcome
- Get you started with licenses and fees
- Tour of the area
- Meeting with the outfitter to help get you started on your dream trip
- Updates on where the fish are biting and what to use
- Instructions for boats, motors and other equipment
- Instructions for fishing outlying lakes
- Safety instructions and camp rules
- Check-in to fully equipped house-keeping cabins, all have showers and toilets, full size refrigerators, stoves with ovens, all dishes, pots and pans, etc.
- Get your Boat and Motor
- Get your first tank of gas (on us)
- All bedding and pillows are supplied, just bring a sleeping bag.
- Access to new modern fish cleaning building is in operation with hot and cold running water and is very comfortable to prepare your catch with plenty of freezer space.
- Live bait is available on site.
- Family pets are welcome
- A warm good bye upon your departure with hopes to see you again.
What to bring
- We recommend lite or ultra lite tackle and fly rods for fishing Whitefish in our lakes
- Portable fishfinder will help but not a must
- In the Spring is the best time using 4 lb. test line and really tiny hooks with a single salmon egg, grub, a little ball of Berkley Power Dough or the best bait, Wax Worms.
- In early summer we recommend(first two weeks of July) you use small spinner, 1/6 jigs or tiny floating Rapalas since the fish are close to the surface.
- Using a May Fly or Waxwork can be deadly also when fish are feeding heavy on the May Fly hatch.
- If you are a fly fisherman then this is the spot for you to catch limits of Whitefish with your fly-rod
Gathering Lake Outfitters
Call Now: 888-432-4442 or